A Server Relocation or a Data Centre Move are usually high risk, complex tasks. When you employ us you have the peace of mind that the people tasked with your Server Relocation or Data Centre Migration are amongst the best in the industry.
With all IT Relocation projects, the key to success is thorough planning. When moving servers, or relocating a Data Centre you wouldn’t want it any other way. That’s why we use specific methodologies and equipment when tasked with a server relocation or performing a data centre migration.
Our services can be completely bespoke to suit your requirements. However, as a guideline to help you plan a Server Relocation or Data Centre move tend to fall under one, or be a mixture of the following:
- Pack and Transport IT Equipment - The most basic service where we pack your already de-racked servers, switches etc. into our foam lined server flight cases, and transport along with associated rack mounts, cables etc. to the destination. The equipment is then unpacked and handed over to your team
- De-Rack and Re-Rack - As above but our team also physically removes the equipment and rack mount arms from the rack, then re-racks everything at the destination according to your rack plan
- De-Commission and Re-Commission - As above with the addition of our team removing all associated cabling, documenting the process if required. Then re-cabling at the destination according to your rack plan and patching schedule.
For regression planning its also possible for us to remain present in the local area ready to roll back in the event any testing is unsuccessful.
Based near London, we undertake Server Relocation and Data Centre Migration projects across the UK and Europe.
Server Relocation Services
Experienced server moves and transportation
Whether you need to move a single server or an entire data centre you can trust our in our experience to provide a secure, rapid service for your business. With years of experience in dealing with server, storage and comms equipment from all the major manufacturers, you can rely on us to provide a flexible, reliable service customised to your needs.
Expert server relocation
Whatever the size or complexity your server move is allocated to a dedicated project manager who will ensure that your IT equipment is relocated swiftly and efficiently, with the minimum of disruption and downtime.
Our Relocate service takes the physical safety and security of your servers and IT hardware seriously.
For all server migrations:
- No equipment is ever left unattended whilst in our care
- Our IT relocation services are fully insured against any loss or damage
- Basic pack and secure transport of IT equipment – Our techs will safely pack your IT equipment into our custom built, foam lined flight cases, which can be sealed with security ties if required. The flight cases are then transported in our modern vehicles. Once at the destination the equipment is then unpacked, ready for your team to install
- De-rack and re-rack – The technicians can also physically remove your servers and rails from their racks prior to transport. Once at the destination these are then re-racked according to your rack plan
- Full De-cable and Re-cable – The team disconnect all cabling. The servers are then reinstalled at their new location according to your rack plan and patching schedule.
With us you know that your server relocation is in safe hands!
Moving your own server could cost more than you think
The damage to your servers, or loss of data could be crippling to your business. Careless de-racking and accidental damage in transit whilst it slides around in the back of your vehicle could end up costing you dearly. We provide a fully insured server relocation service which has you, and your server, fully covered.
Data Centre Relocation
Data Centre Relocation service tailored to your needs
When it comes to a successful data centre move or migration and the associated transportation of IT equipment, you can trust us to get the job done. Our years of experience are backed by our own specialist processes and procedures to ensure that your move is in safe hands.
Don't take chances when moving data centre's
The thought of moving data centre - with the potential risks of hardware issues and even loss of data - can seem rather like trying to move a house of cards. In addition to the logistical considerations involved in the physical relocation process you must also minimise the considerable risk of service interruption to the normal running of your business.
Safe, Secure Data Centre Relocation Services
We provide a complete data centre relocation service customised to fit your needs, including:
- Dedicated Project Manager - A single point of contact ensuring your move is as smooth as possible End to end solutions - including pre-move audits, cabling, packing /un-packing and de-commissioning / re-commissioning, as well as physical transportation
- End to End Solutions - Including pre-move audits, cabling, packing /un-packing, and physical transportation
- Custom-built packaging for secure transportation - Providing the maximum level of protection for all devices in transit
- Specialist handling equipment - Ensuring that all moves are carried out in complete safety
- 24/7 availability - Minimizing disruption to the normal running of your business
- Experienced relocation engineers - Years of practical experience with a wide range of IT hardware from major manufacturers including HP, Dell, IBM, Fujitsu, EMC, Cisco, SUN, Brocade and Avaya
- Fully insured, secure, dedicated service - Relax knowing you're in the hands of experienced professionals with the backing of full insurance cover
Generally server racks are not designed to be moved fully populated. Unless the manufacturers have rated the racks to be moved populated, we always insist on removing the equipment, packing it safely into our flight cases, and moving the racks separately.
We have worked for clients who have tried this in the past with disastrous results. It doesn't take much longer to remove the devices first and we will not compromise on safety.
When moving data centre you can rely on Ace IT Relocation to provide a secure and reliable service.
Whatever the requirements of your office move, we have a solution to meet your needs. Why liaise with Office Removals, IT Relocation, data cabling contractors etc? We can provide you with a single point of contact. This means only one number to call when you need to amend a plan at the last minute, or require advice on your office move.
We only use experienced personnel from each area to ensure consistent, high quality results for your office relocation.
A dedicated move manager is appointed to every office move project, irrespective of size or complexity. From the initial planning meeting to the moment your staff log on to their computers, we will be on hand to deal with any issues quickly and efficiently. Our project coordinators are experienced professionals who have acquired their skills through years of office moves.
Our uniformed staff can decommission your computers, telephones and other IT equipment. Everything will be safely packed and transported to its new location. Once in place, the hardware will be re-commissioned and tested if required.
We also offer a number of related services which are ideal to carry out during the downtime of your relocation.
- Computer cleaning
- IT disposal
- Cable management
- Data cabling
We are based in the South East of England, local to London, Sussex, Surrey and Kent but perform Office Moves anywhere in the UK.
Moves and changes
Moves and Changes are still a part of business life.
We provide a professional and cost effective moves and changes service. We can give fixed, per user costs to allow Facilities, Office and IT Managers to accurately budget your move add change requests, we include this as part of your service catalogue if required.
We use a set methodology for your moves and changes. This begins with a simple audit of the desktop environment, which allows us to ensure that after the desktop relocation everything is in the correct place.
How often is an employee left re-arranging telephones, mice etc. after a PC move? Little details can make a big difference. Upon relocation, desktops and telephones are recommissioned and, if necessary, tested.
For your convenience we usually conduct moves and changes out of hours, but can also supply porterage to work as part of your team performing ad hoc desk moves.
- Data Outlet Install
- LCD/Plasma Moves
- Project Relocation
- Desk Numbering
Other services which may compliment your moves and changes are;
- Computer Cleaning
- IT Disposal
- Cable Management
We are based in the South East of England, close to London, but also provide moves and changes anywhere in the UK.
There are many rules regarding the disposal of IT equipment.
We can take this time consuming task off your hands. Whether you need to dispose of a redundant computer, a rack of servers, a room full of CRT's or several hundred disk drives containing sensitive data, we can provide a service fully compliant with current legislation and your data security requirements.
Our recycling and disposal service includes:
A Full asset report
Waste transfer documentation
Hazardous waste transfer documentation (where required)
Certification of data destruction
Cable strip out and recycling
We are WEEE compliant. What does this mean exactly?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) aims to reduce the amount of electrical and electronic equipment being produced and to encourage everyone to reuse, recycle and recover it.
The WEEE Directive also aims to improve the environmental performance of businesses that manufacture, supply, use, recycle and recover electrical and electronic equipment. If you're an importer, re-brander or manufacturer of new electrical or electronic equipment, then it's likely that you'll need to comply with the UK's WEEE Regulations. If you do need to comply, then you must register on a producer compliance scheme.
You may also have obligations under the WEEE Regulations if you are a business with electrical or electronic equipment to dispose of or if you sell electrical or electronic equipment.
Source: Environmental Agency
Please note, if you are disposing over 500kg of hardware per annum you will need a premises code, issued by the Environment Agency. It is illegal for us to trade with you if you do not have one.
We can obtain this on your behalf if required.
Our strategic partner iNet Group has over 15 years experience in all things Cisco and whether you require a solution, wish to exchange or simply sell your Cisco equipment, iNet Group will endeavor to provide a seamless and efficient service.
Cisco Trade In
We can also part exchange any Cisco equipment you have against new equipment or hold it as a credit on your account to be used against future purchases.
When legacy equipment has no further market value, or cannot be refurbished for return to service, we can offer a comprehensive recycling service in line with WEEE Legislation and EC Environmental regulations.
We have a full range of structured cabling solutions which we can provide for your data cabling requirements either as part of an office move, server relocation or on its own. Our service covers everything from adding or moving a single data outlet to a complete flood fill.
- UTP (Cat5, 5e, 6)
You may require a floor and cabinet audit prior to a major office move, or IT Relocation. If you are not 100% confident of the integrity of your network records it may be a necessity.
Moving out? We also offer a full dilapidation service to remove and dispose of your old cabling.
IT Audits and Asset Management
Our Audit service has been designed to provide you with a clear understanding of the current state of your business’s technology. Our comprehensive audit program will provide you with full assessment of your existing hardware.
During the audit, our engineers will take an in-depth look into your business’s technologies. They will review each relevant hardware component individually, and as a whole.
Once the high-level and granular reviews are complete, a customized report will be produced that outline the following:
- Full documentation of your systems including rack plans and patching schedules
- The current state of each hardware component, live or inactive.
- The specific configurations for your network-related hardware.
Once the audit is complete, you will confidently know how your business technology is deployed, so your business is able to effectively plan for the costs, the timing and the benefits of your future technology requirements.
Full Technical Project Management
If fully project managed, the initial project will comprise of the following deliverables but may be changed following further analysis.
Project Initiation Document (PID) and other required project management documents.
- Assemble background documentation (as appropriate and available)
- On-site equipment and audit of all devices. The audit will be completed by our engineers using our audit processes and documents.
- Review existing asset and connection information and create new environment build, cabling, patching and rack plans.
- Design new network and storage cabling/racking infrastructure.
- Design new data centre cabling/racking infrastructure.
- Migration strategy.
- Technical infrastructure provisioning.
- Risk planning and management.
- Operational processes.
- Test and acceptance management. Infrastructure Migration
- Management of the new environment infrastructure build.
- Management of transitional and retained systems integration/change
- Delivery of pre-cabled and prepared environment, ready for migration of equipment.
- Delivery and management of the migration of all hardware over multiple phases (TBD).
- Quality, testing and acceptance management.
- Preparation and handover of all asset and project information for operational teams.
- Formal close of all project tasks.